Spartanburg Community College President
An exciting leadership opportunity exists at a progressive, comprehensive community college located in upstate South Carolina. The college serves an area of the state that features a diverse mixture of manufacturing industry, an involved business community and a variety of educational institutions.
The Area Commission for Spartanburg Community College and the Presidential Search Committee invite applications and nominations for the position of President, the chief executive officer of the college.
Spartanburg Community College is a multi-campus, comprehensive two-year community college whose central campus, located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, joins with the Cherokee County Campus in Gaffney, the Tyger River Campus in Duncan and the Union County Advanced Technology Center in Union, South Carolina to give the College four distinct and different locations that serve the citizens of Spartanburg, Cherokee and Union counties in South Carolina. The College offers more than 100 programs leading to an associate degree, diploma or certificate in the technical/occupational disciplines. The College also offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees which are transferable to baccalaureate programs. The student Fall 2011, headcount was approximately 6,008 credit students and 4,000 non-credit students through continuing education programs. The College employs a total of 284 faculty and staff in permanent positions. Spartanburg Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Geographically, Spartanburg Community College is less than two hours from Columbia, SC; four hours from Myrtle Beach, SC; three hours from historic Charleston, SC; ninety minutes from Charlotte, NC; thirty minutes from the mountains of North Carolina; and, less than three hours from Atlanta, GA.
- Master’s degree required; earned doctorate is preferred.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experiences in community/technical education and/or senior-level administration.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement innovative high quality technical/occupational educational programs.
- Extensive experience in, or knowledge of, industrial and economic development programs.
- Sensitivity to the educational, economic and cultural needs of a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with boards and commissions.
- Evidence of the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with business, industry, the general public, civic and political organizations and other educational and governmental entities.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills in the development and implementation of strategic planning processes.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Persons interested in this leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and current resume to:
Kandy N. Peacock
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
South Carolina Technical College System
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
or via email at SCCsearch@sctechsystem.edu
Please visit Spartanburg Community College’s website at: www.sccsc.edu
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY.