Benefits of South Carolina Manufacturing Certification
You will learn essential skills for high-demand jobs in advanced manufacturing. While you’re at it, you will also receive an industry-recognized national certification. By the end of the program, you will increase your employability for high-demand, well-paying jobs by:
- Earning an industry-recognized national certification
- Mastering the soft and technical skills essential for in-demand jobs in advanced manufacturing
- Understanding what it takes to work effectively in a manufacturing environment
- Fully comprehending the importance of continuous improvement in the manufacturing process
- Grasping the essential skills needed to gather, interpret, and use data consistently and accurately to make decisions and take action
- Improving your fundamental communication skills (writing, reading, speaking, listening) to meet the needs of the workplace
- Increasing your safety awareness and honing your ability to recognize and address safety hazards in the workplace
- Sharpening your basic math abilities
- Learning to measure properly using a wide variety of measuring instruments
- Enhancing your use of hand and power tools
- Learning to read a blueprint effectively without error and within tolerances
Components of South Carolina Manufacturing Certification
This program consists of 200 hours including:
- classroom training
- hands-on skill trainings
- a production simulation
South Carolina Manufacturing Certification Requirements
In order to be eligible for the funding associated with this program. You must:
- have a silver level Work Keys certification.
- be unemployed or underemployed. However, an individual who is currently employed but would like to “re-career” in the manufacturing sector is eligible.
- successfully pass a drug screen and background check to be eligible for funding.
- be a SC resident.